Dual Pressure Control Description:
Low Pressure Range: 12 to 80 Psig
High Pressure Range:100 to 500 Psig
• Capillary Tube:NO
The P70, P72, and P170 controls for dual pressure applications are designed primarily for use as combination high and low pressure controls on commercial refrigeration and air conditioning applications.
These controls are available in several pressure ranges and are compatible with most common refrigerants. Ammonia compatible models are also available.
These controls respond directly to system pressure changes on both high and low sides, and can provide single-device control of the compressor.
Controls are available in several different electrical ratings and switch configurations, including independent high and low pressure switches (on P70S and P170S models).
The P72 models provide direct control of 208-240 volt, single-phase motors up to 3 horsepower, and 208-220 volt, 3-phase motors up to 5 horsepower.
• All-steel case and cover built to provide long lasting, rugged protection for internal
• calibrated pressure adjustment displays a visible pressure scale, fully
adjustable through the range without removing the cover (on NEMA 1 enclosure
• differential option allows for precise control on low-pressure applications
• independent high and low pressure switches
(P70S and P170S Models) satisfies a variety of dual pressure application wiring
requirements with a single versatile control
• Convertible high pressure reset
•auto reset or manual reset lockout (P70S and P170S
Models) reduces inventory
•one control can be adapted to several dual pressure
applications in the field
• P70S and P170S models have independently operated high and low
pressure Single-Pole Double-Throw (SPDT) switches that can be wired to satisfy a variety of control requirements. These adaptable controls also come with a high
pressure manual reset lockout mechanism that may be converted to automatic reset.
• P70L, M, N, and P170L, M, N models have a Single-Pole Single-Throw (SPST) switch.
Models are available with automatic or manual reset lockout options. Models with
manual reset are available with either high side- only manual reset, or low-side and high-side manual reset. Ammonia compatible models are also available
(P70L and P70M only).