(0)2-10Vdc,Floating Actuator - 44 lb-in, Spring Return , 24 Vac +/-20%, 50 Hz, 60 Hz (Honeywell)
FOR PLACING YOUR PARTS ORDER, YOU CAN ORDER ONLINE 24 HOURS A DAY OR BY CALLING OUR SALES CENTER MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 7AM TO 5PM PACIFIC TIME. WE WILL SHIP YOUR PART FROM OUR CLOSEST WAREHOUSE PER YOUR ZIP CODE. WE CAN SHIP YOUR PARTS TO YOU NEXT DAY AIR, SECOND DAY AIR OR 3 DAY SELECT, AND WHEN PLACING YOUR ORDER ONLINE SHIPPING ESTIMATES WILL BE PROVIDED TO YOU FOR EACH SHIPPING CLASS.
The S05 Spring Return Direct Coupled Actuators (DCA) are used within heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems. They can drive a variety of quarter-turn, final control elements requiring spring return fail-safe operation. Applications include volume control dampers, mounted directly to the drive shaft or remotely (with the use of accessory hardware), quarter-turn rotary valves, such as ball or butterfly valves mounted directly to the drive shaft. and linear stroke globe or cage valves mounted with linkages to provide linear actuation.
• Brushless DC submotor with electronic stall protection for floating/modulating models.
• Brush DC submotor with electronic stall protection for 2-position models.
• Self-centering shaft adapter (shaft coupling) for wide range of shaft sizes.
• Models available for use with two-position, single pole single throw (spst), line- (Series 40) or low- (Series 80) voltage controls.
• Models available for use with floating or switched single-pole, double-throw (spdt) (Series 60) controls.
• Models available for use with proportional current or voltage (Series 70) controls.
• Models available with combined floating/modulating control in a single device.
• Access cover to facilitate connectivity.
• Metal housing with built-in mechanical end limits.
• Spring return direction field-selectable.
• Shaft position indicator and scale.
• Manual winding capability with locking function.
• UL (cUL) listed and CE compliant.
• All Models are plenum-rated per UL873.
Description Direct Coupled, General Purpose, Spring Return Actuator
Actuator Type Damper
Actuator Type Valve
Torque (lb-in.) 44 lb-in.
Torque (Nm) 5 Nm
Fail Safe Mode Spring Return
Control Signal Floating
Control Signal (0)2-10 Vdc
Supply Voltage 24 Vac
Number of Internal Auxiliary Switch 0
External Auxiliary Switches Available Yes, SW2-US
Shaft Adapter Type Self-centering clamping
Feedback 2-10 Vdc (max. output:
Manual operation Manual Crank
Spring Return Torque (lb-in.) 44 lb-in.
Spring Return Torque (Nm) 5 Nm
Maximum Stall Torque (lb-in.) 75 lb-in.
Maximum Stall Torque (Nm) 8.5 Nm
Mounting Direct Coupled
Frequency 60 Hz
Frequency 50 Hz
Rotational Stroke 95 +/- 3 degrees
Rotational Stroke Adjustment Mechanically limited 5 degree increments
Rotation to Open By switch
Spring Return Direction By orientation
Timing, Maximum Spring Return (sec) 20 sec
Timing, Nominal Driving @ 60 Hz (sec) 90 sec
Dimensions (in.) 9.72 in high x 3.94 in wide x 2.95 in deep
Dimensions (mm) 247 mm high x 100 mm wide x 75 mm deep
Weight (lb) 6 lb
Weight (kg) 2.72 kg
Compatible Damper Shafts (in.) 3/8 to 1.06 round or 3/8 to 11/16 square
Compatible Damper Shafts (mm) 10 to 27 round or 10 to 18 square
Materials Aluminum housing, Plenum rated plastic access cover
Power Consumption (Driving) 13 VA
Power Consumption (Holding) 5 VA
Input Impedance 145K ohm
Electrical Connections Enclosed screw terminal strip (22 to 14 AWG)
Temperature Range, Ambient (F) -40 F to +140 F
Temperature Range, Ambient (C) -40 C to +60 C
Temperature Range, Storage (F) -40 F to +158 F
Temperature Range, Storage (C) -40 C to +70 C
Operating Humidity Range (% RH) 5 to 95% RH, non-condensing
Maximum Noise Rating, Driving (dB(A) @ 1m) 40
Maximum Noise Rating, Holding (dB(A) @ 1m) 20 (no audible noise)
Environmental Rating NEMA2
Approvals, Underwriters Laboratories Inc UL873, Plenum Rated
Approvals, Canadian Underwriters Laboratories cUL C22.2 No. 24-93
Approvals, CE 89/336/ECC, 73/23/EEC
Approvals, C-Tick N314
Includes Mounting bracket, self-centering shaft adapter, 3mm crank
Comments Integral 1/2 in. NPSM conduit connection.
Replaces Part Numbers: