Tecumseh 5 Ton Air Conditioning Heat Pump Compressor
Designed for R22, air conditioning applications
• Supplied with crankcase heater
• Sweat connection
• Charged with alkybenzene oil
• Capacity rated: 45
•F evaporator; 130
• Run capacitor required but not provided (single phase models)
Rated Load Amps: 30.5
Mount (In.): 7.5 x 7.5
Height (In.): 17 1/2
Shipping Weight (Lbs.): 110
Connection Suction (In.): 7/8
Connection Discharge (In.): 1/2
Connection Type: Sweat
Capacity (BTUH): 61,000
Engineered Items: Yes
LTL Only: Yes
Run Capacitor (Microfarad x Voltage): 55 x 440
Torque: Normal: suitable for capillary tube and other self equalizing systems
Vendor: Tecumseh Products Company
Used In Coleman, York, Evcon Equipment Model Numbers:
Used in Lennox Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Models:
Replaces Compressor Part Numbers:
Below are some common questions about our compressors.
If you have a question that is not addressed below, please send us an e-mail
attention *parts departmaent*.
What oil is used in an R-12 compressor manufactured today
• Synthetic alkylate.
What is synthetic alkylate oil
• Synthetic alkylate is another name for alkylbenzene, which is used in many of our hermetic compressors.
Is 3GS mineral oil compatible with "white oil" and alkylbenzene oil
• Yes. They have different properties, but are chemically compatible.
How long may I leave a compressor charged with POE oil open to the atmosphere
• No more than 15 minutes maximum.
Can blends be charged as vapor
• No. Blends must be charged in liquid phase.
Can R-410A be used in a compressor designed for R-22
• No. Tecumseh is currently developing a line of R-410A compressors.
What is the highest acceptable motor winding temperature for your hermetic motors
• 265 degrees Fahrenheit, measured by the resistance method, is the highest acceptable temperature for our hermetic motors.
At what speed do your hermetic compressors run
• Our 60 Hz. compressors run at a nominal 3450 rpms at rated voltage, and our 50 Hz. compressors run at 2,875 rpms.
Can I use a "one size fits all" type of start relay on all of your hermetic air conditioning compressors
• No. Tecumseh Engineering department has selected specific relays for each compressor to meet there starting specifications.
I don't have the correct voltage rating on a run capacitor, as specified in your literature; can I use a different voltage rating
• Yes. The voltage
rating of all capacitors must be the same as, or greater than, the specified voltage. If I am replacing a failed compressor with a
like new compressor can I use the electrical components from the old compressor on the new compressor
• You should use only new
electrical components (e.g. relay, start capacitor, run capacitor) designed for use with the new compressor. Is it safe to use leak
detection dyes in air conditioning and refrigeration systems
• Tecumseh Products Company does not endorse the use of any substance in
the system except the oil and refrigerant designed for use in the specific compressor. Do your capacitors contain PCB oil
January 1979, capacitors provided by Tecumseh have contained non-PCB oils. Do your compressors contain PCB's
• No. Do you have a
mathematical equation and coefficients for your compressors' performance data
• Yes. We publish compressor performance information
to our OEM's in the ARI Standard 540 format. In air conditioning applications, how does horsepower compare to Bth/hr.
• At air
conditioning rating conditions one horsepower equals 12,000 Btu/hr. Can I use my own grommets on your compressors
• Yes, if they pass
your system shipping/transportation and sound/vibration tests. What is "D21"
• Discharge temperature measured with an insulated T/C
two inches from the compressor tube to line joint. Why can't I move the electrical warning label or bar code labels
• Readers or
scanners in production are fixed and changing would have to be agreed upon by all customers. Safety reasons govern changing