Manufacturer: Advanced Control Tech (ACT)
Description: ANALOG TO PNEUM OUTPUT
Category: Electrical Controls
READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU BEGIN INSTALLATION.
Ground yourself before touching board. Some components are static sensitive.
Circuit board may be mounted in any position. If circuit board slides out of snap track, a non-conductive stop may be required.
Use only fingers to remove board from snap track. Slide out of snap track or push against side of snap track
and lift that side of the circuit board to remove. Do not flex board. Use no tools.
1) 24 VDC - with power off, connect 24 volt DC power supply to PWR (+) and C (-) or common terminals
on the board.
24 VAC - with power off, connect one transformer secondary leg to PWR (+) and the other to C (-)
or common terminals on the board.
Check the wiring configuration of any other loads that may be connected to this transformer. Any field
device connected to this transformer must use the same common. If you are not sure of other field device
configuration, use separate transformers.
2) If the 24 volt AC power is shared with devices that have coils such as relays, solenoids, or other
inductors, each coil must have an MOV, AC Transorb, or other spike snubbing device across each of
the shared coils. Without these snubbers, coils produce very large voltage spikes when de-energizing
that can cause malfunction or destruction of electronic circuits.
3) If the 24 volt DC power is shared with devices that have coils such as relays, solenoids, or other
inductors, each coil must have an MOV, DC Transorb, or a diode placed across the coil or inductor. The
cathode or banded side of the diode (or DC Transorb) connects to the positive side of the power supply.
Do not power without main air supply provided.
4) The secondary voltage should be isolated from earth ground, chassis ground, and neutral leg of the
primary winding. Grounding should be to the system common only. Failure to follow these procedures
can result in improper operation.
5) You should measure the actual voltage output of the secondary. If the output is not fully loaded you may
read a higher voltage than the circuit board can handle.
Replaces Part Numbers: PXP2.3G, CARPXP2.3G