The Aprilaire Automatic Humidifier Model 600 is the newest addition to the aprilaire humidifier line.
It takes humidifier innovation to the next level and performs as good as it looks! It offers all of the performance benefits of Aprilaire's more advanced humidifiers including AutoTrack which automatically adjusts humidity based on outside temperature.
The Aprilaire 600 is easier than ever to install because it includes a built-in bypass damper, which means fewer parts to install.
Plus, the damper is conveniently labeled for summer and winter settings, allowing you to set it for the entire season with no guesswork involved.
Includes humidistat controller, sensing bulb and transformer.
Electrical: 24V-60Hz-0.5 AMP
Drain Connection: 1/2 inch I.D. plastic hose direct to drain fitting on unit Plenum opening size is 9 3/4"W X 12 1/2"H
This unit includes a 110v to 24v transformer.
Maximum Coverage Area 4200 square feet Maximum coverage area means this humidifier will perform well for home sizes up to the square footage indicated, provided that the home is
A tight home is typically is one that is sealed well around windows and doors and does not leak air to/from the outdoors.
Note that humidifiers will perform well for smaller homes as well since the controller regulates the amount of humidity automatically to adjust to home size
Electrical Requirements 24V Humidifiers with 24 volt AC electrical requirements obtain such by connecting to either 24VAC from the furnace, or by adding a transformer to the furnace to create such.
Most installations can use the 24VAC that is already accessible in the furnace.
Humidifiers with 110 volt AC electrical requirements simply plug into a standard outlet (receptacle) and require no special wiring for this part.
It is recommended, however, that the outlet/receptacle be dedicated for the humidifier, and that it can by shut off by the same power safety switch that turns off the furnace.
Type Bypass: There are two basic humidifier types: bypass and power fan. Each simply uses a different method to move air through them. Power fan humidifiers use a 110 volt fan to move air through them. Bypass humidifiers do not have a fan, but instead require a 6
• duct to be connected to the side and then to the opposite air duct system from the humidifier. That means for bypass models that if the humidifier is installed on the supply plenum, the 6
• duct will connect to the humidifier and the return plenum, and if the humidifier is installed on the return plenum, the 6
• duct will attach to humidifier and the supply plenum.
• bypass and power fan
• will provide the same benefits to you. The only difference is the technology used to do so. The advantage to power fan models is since they do not require additional ductwork, they can be installed faster and in tighter spaces. The advantage to bypass models is that they cost a bit less.
Remote Sensing Bulb Included A remote sensing bulb is a small (about
• round) sensor that mounts outside the home and connects by light gauge wire (18 to 22 gauge, 2-conductor) to the humidifier controller. This sensor provides temperature readings to the computerized controller which allows the humidifier to automatically adjust humidity levels in the home based on outside air temperature.
Aprilaire brand humidifiers include a remote sensing bulb in the box with the purchase. Honeywell brand humidifiers do not include remote sensing bulbs, but offer such as an additional purchase option. Both brands allow for humidifier operation without the use of the sensor should you choose to not install such.
Installation items not included: 1/4" copper tubing for water line, 1/2" ID plastic tubing for drain, 6" round ducting & elbow for bypass air, 2-conductor 18 to 22 gauge wire.