Two-position, spring return motors used to operate dampers and valves.
• Used to operate dampers and valves in applications where it is necessary or desirable to have the controlled element return to the starting position in the event of power failure or interruption.
• Replace M445A,D; M845A,C,E; and M865B motors.
• Available with factory-installed transformers, or an internal transformer can be added in the field.
• Oil-immersed motor and gear train provide reliable performance and long life.
• Provide NEMA 3 weather protection with wiring box, when mounted upright.
• Electrically normally closed (at closed position when control signal is at minimum level) and rotate clockwise to open with a signal increase.
• Integral helical spring that returns the motor shaft to the normal position (fully closed for M4185 and M8185; fully open for M4186) on power interruption.
Description Modutrol IV
Application Type Electric
Internal Auxiliary Switch 1
Fail Safe Mode Spring Return
Control Signal Two position, SPST
Motor shaft Dual-ended shaft
Torque/Force (lb-in., lb) 60 lb-in.
Torque/Force (Nm, N) 6.8 Nm
Stroke Fixed; 160
External Auxiliary Switches Available Yes
Frequency 60 Hz;50 Hz
Power Consumption Driving (VA) 30 VA
Electrical Connections Quick-connect terminals
Shaft Dimensions (in.) 0.375 in.
Shaft Dimensions (mm) 10 mm
Shaft Shape square
Mounting Foot mounted
Weight (lb) 10.75 lb
Dimensions (in.) 6 7/16 in. high x 5 1/2 in. wide x 8 3/4 in. deep
Dimensions (mm) 164 mm high x 140 mm wide x 222 mm deep
Temperature Range, Ambient (F) -40 F to +150 F
Temperature Range, Ambient (C) -40 C to +60 C
Deadweight Load on Shaft (Either End) (lb) 200 lbs.
Deadweight Load (Combined on both Shafts) 300 lbs.
Nominal Timing (sec) 60 sec
Shaft Rotation (upon control signal increase) Clockwise (as viewed from power end) (normally closed)
Auxiliary Switch Ratings AFL - 120 Vac 7.2A
Auxiliary Switch Ratings AFL - 240 Vac 3.6A
Auxiliary Switch Ratings ALR- 120 Vac 43.2A
Auxiliary Switch Ratings ALR- 240 Vac 21.6A
Approvals, Underwriters Laboratories Inc Listed File: E4436, Guide: XAPX2
Approvals, Canadian Standards Association Certified: File No. LR1620, Guide No. 400-E
Approvals, CE EN55011 (Emission) EN50082-2 (Immunity) 73/23/EEC (LVD)
Includes Transformer and junction box
Replaces Part Numbers: CARM4185B1017